Today’s Q&A on is about Florida Guardianship

Question:  Is it really true that Florida will not permit a newly appointed Guardian (of the person and property) to move a Ward to another state?

Answer:  You need permission from the Court for a Guardian to move a Ward to another county in Florida or out of state and you need acceptable grounds like facilities better serve the need of the Ward or Ward will live with the Guardian etc.,

If the Court approves the move and it is intended to be a permanent move, the existing guardianship is transferred to the new jurisdiction and the existing guardianship closed.  A Final accounting must be done before the guardianship is closed.

Anne Desormier-Cartwright, Esq.
Anne Desormier-Cartwright, PA
Jupiter, Florida  33458
Member of the national ElderCare Matters Alliance, Florida chapter 

Stay in Touch with Elder Care Matters

 Facebook  Twitter  Google Plus  Linked  Blogger

eNewsletter Sign Up

ElderCare Answers

If you need answers to your elder care questions, send your questions to us at:

Answers are provided by our ElderCare Matters Partners, some of America's TOP Elder Care Professionals who have years of experience in helping families plan for and deal with a wide range of Elder Care / Senior Care Services.

All Q&A's are posted on the homepage of

ElderCare Matters Articles

ElderCare Matters Articles are useful and up-to-date Elder Care / Senior Care articles that are provided by our ElderCare Matters Partners to help you plan for and deal with your family's elder care matters.

If you help familes plan for or deal with elder care matters, then you owe it to yourself and to families across America to become a professional member of the National ElderCare Matters Alliance and to be listed on the many Elder Care / Senior Care Directories that are sponsored by this National Alliance of Elder Care Professionals.

For additional information about professional membership in the National ElderCare Matters Alliance, (including the many benefits of becoming one of our ElderCare Matters Partners) and to download an Application for your Basic, Premium or Partner Membership in the National ElderCare Matters Alliance, visit: ElderCare Matters Alliance.