Are there some “Red Flags” that will help us identify when Mom needs help with her Elder Care Matters? And is there a national Directory of Care Managers that we can use to find a Geriatric Care Manager near us?
Answer: Below is a list of some of those “Red Flags” that you should be looking out for that may suggest that your mother needs help with her Elder Care Matters:
- Deteriorating hygiene or appearance
- Erratic or inappropriate behavior changes
- Increasing confusion or disorientation
- Depression with tearfulness, loss of appetite
- Signs of insufficient nutrition, dehydration, or weight loss
- Inability to manage money
- Friends or neighbors express concern
- Inability to manage medications
- Unclean or unsafe living environment
- Falling, lack of mobility, wandering, or significant vision or hearing difficulties
- Wears same clothing more than two days in a row
- Difficulty getting out of bed and preparing for the day
- Noted changes in short term memory loss
National Directory of Geriatric Care Managers
You can find thousands of Geriatric Care Managers across America in the online Directory titled FindGeriatricCareManagers.net. This is 1 of the 15 Elder Care / Senior Care Directories (as listed below) that is sponsored by the national ElderCare Matters Alliance, an organization of Elder Care / Senior Care Professsionals who help families plan for and deal with a wide range of Elder Care Matters.
In these Directories you will also find Answers and Articles about a wide range of Elder Care / Senior Care Matters, information that is provided by our ElderCare Matters Partners – some of America’s TOP Elder Care / Senior Care Professionals who are members of the national ElderCare Matters Alliance and have years of experience in helping families with the issues of aging.
Family Connect Care
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
An ElderCare Matters Partner