Attorney Kevin Pillion received his Juris Doctorate from Georgetown University Law Center and has been practicing law since 1995. He is a member of The Florida Bar, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants, American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Florida Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Life Care Planning Law Firms Association, Veterans Benefits Committee of the Elder Law Section of The Florida Bar, and he is Accredited by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Kevin is licensed to practice law in both Florida and Washington, DC.
Kevin is also a Certified Public Accountant with 5 years prior experience working with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in Washington, D.C. In addition, he has worked on cases with Steven Winkelman, a prominent Estate Planning Attorney and former adjunct Professor of Estate Planning at Georgetown University Law Center. In 2003, Kevin reduced his workload so he could care for his elderly parents, living with them part of the year in Cape Cod, Massachusetts, and the other part in Bradenton, Florida. After his parents passed in 2008, Kevin permanently relocated to Sarasota.
Kevin Pillion brings a multi-disciplinary, problem-solving approach to the practice of Elder Law and Estate Planning. His 18 years of experience includes:
* Private Estate Planning Attorney and Trust Administrator.
* Government Attorney in the General Counsel’s Office of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
* Tax accountant and Auditor for both small and international CPA firms.
In addition, Kevin is a member of the:
* National ElderCare Matters Alliance (Florida chapter)
* American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys.
* National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
* American Bar Association.
* American and Florida Institute of CPAs.
* District of Columbia and Florida Bar Associations.
* CPA Elder Planning & Support Services Committee of the Florida Institute of CPAs
* Elder Counsel
* Lawyers With Purpose
* Life Care Planning Law Firms Association
* Society of Certified Senior Advisors
If you need answers to your elder care questions, send your questions to us at:
Answers are provided by our ElderCare Matters Partners, some of America's TOP Elder Care Professionals who have years of experience in helping families plan for and deal with a wide range of Elder Care / Senior Care Services.
All Q&A's are posted on the homepage of ElderCareMatters.com
If you help familes plan for or deal with elder care matters, then you owe it to yourself and to families across America to become a professional member of the National ElderCare Matters Alliance and to be listed on the many Elder Care / Senior Care Directories that are sponsored by this National Alliance of Elder Care Professionals.
For additional information about professional membership in the National ElderCare Matters Alliance, (including the many benefits of becoming one of our ElderCare Matters Partners) and to download an Application for your Basic, Premium or Partner Membership in the National ElderCare Matters Alliance, visit: ElderCare Matters Alliance.